EFFECTIVE GUARDFORCE MANAGEMENT
This course is designed for private security managers, newly appointed field officers, operation managers, supervisors and any person who intends to venture into a Guard Force management role in a private security company. It can be taken as an entry-level or refresher course.
While it is built around supervision, managers in operational roles are encouraged to do it. There will be a huge disconnect between supervisors who have done the course and managers who have not.
It is a fairly long course with 13 Modules and 41 lessons that require attention and time.
You will require prior knowledge and a general understanding of private security, crime prevention, and guard supervision.
The course is also useful to those who are already leaders and what to improve their Leadership skills.
Good guard force management and supervisory skills form the backbone for subordinates in any organization. Managers and supervisors lead from the front and not from the back. You are the role model and not a boss.
This course will aid in developing basic management, supervisory as well as leadership skills for new and experienced managers and supervisors.
The course will teach you about different ways of supervising your team better especially ways of giving them support and helping them develop good habits, effective performance, and be more confident when executing their duties.
Managers and supervisors are a major determinant of overall performance, retention, and morale in an organization.
This course will help participants learn fundamental skills by exploring various topics.
It will discuss what guard force management and supervision is and their key principles. In addition, it covers the importance of delegation and when it is appropriate to delegate duties.
To manage and supervise effectively the candidate must be equipped with some basic information about the mission, vision, and culture of their organization. As such you will learn about the importance of the mission, vision, and culture of your organization.
The course will also bring to your attention motivation, mentoring, and coaching as important aspects of effective management and supervision. It discusses the qualities, roles, and responsibilities of a manager/supervisor. This will give you the competencies you need in order to effectively supervise your team.
It teaches ways of giving support to the people being led and with these skills, you will help them develop good habits, perform more effectively, and feel more comfortable while on duty.
Good leadership skills are a foundation for a strong professional relationship.
The course covers the everyday functions of a supervisor as well as how to make a team grow or develop. Supervisors initiate and help their team to grow, conduct performance appraisals which are very important to have a disciplined workforce.
A supervisor needs to be well equipped with effective communication skills. This will serve well in executing your supervisory functions. Subordinates’ especially new employees do struggle with challenges like bullying and mistreatment from some experienced employees. This course will give you practical skills on how to handle such issues.
It covers how to manage team conflicts as well as fault correction in workplaces.
Acquiring effective supervisory skills adds value to the organization and key responsibilities. It also brings about better outcomes. It also promotes confidence and skill development among the team.
The outcome for this training course is intended to instill course participants with knowledge and skillsets in the following areas:
- Mission, vision, culture, and core values
- Principles of integration, efficiency, and customer focus
- General understanding( overview )of managers/supervision and supervision pressures
- Key fundamental principles to supervision
- Responsibilities of a supervisor to the team and management
- The theories of supervision- motivation, and delegation, mentoring and coaching
- What makes a good supervisor and the everyday functions of a supervisor
- Technical skills, knowledge, and experience of a supervisor
- Supervisor expectations and goal setting
- Management support to the supervisor
- Effective communication skills
- Active listening and its importance to supervision
- Supervisor's interpersonal skills, feedback, and its importance to supervision
- How supervisor communicates with management
- The core competencies of a supervisor
- Client liaison and dealing with clients/customers complaints, WELCOME formula
- Managing disciplinary issues at workplaces
- How to conduct a disciplinary hearing process and courses of action
- Basic principles of disciplinary management
- Managing employees problems, complaints, mistreatment, and bullying at work
- Confidentiality and supervisors intervening in employees conflicts, how to investigate employees’ problems.
- Report writing, contents of various security reports and how to prepare security reports
Elite Safety & Security Academy requires minimum passing marks of 70% at the final exam. There will be quizzes after every lesson and an assessment after every Module. These are to check your knowledge as you proceed with the course.
Elite Academy is registered and accredited by the Private Security Regulatory Authority (PSRA) and the National Industrial Training Authority (NITA).